Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Elijah is the cutest

Tonight as I was putting Elijah to bed, he was sharing with me about his day, and he's getting so talkative and cute that I thought I would share a snipet of what he was talking about with me. I asked him a general question "what did you do today" and then probed on saying, yeah what else, etc and this is what I got.

-"Mounia gave you apples. Had peanut butter jelly sandwich from lunch" (Mounia is his babysitter when we have class who was here with him this morning. Misuse of from = for; he often uses these wrong).
-When asked if he played with John today too, he said "Did big slide with John. Three slides. Did snake slide. John carry you. Did steps, pouckle (*couple*) steps, hold John's hand. See ducks. And birdies too. Lots birdies say 'toot'. Elijah toot in bathtub." I talked to John and it's all accurate with what happened today (except I don't know that birdies say toot...but he did toot in his bath tonight, don't know what that had to do with the birds at the park).

I just love it...him snuggling with me to go to bed and talking about our days. I can get used to this toddler communication stuff. :)

3 comments:

Neave said...

Awww! That is so adorable! Man, I can't wait until Gideon starts talking... It will be fun to see Elijah and Gideon talk to each other, too. =) Pretty soon, hopefully!

The Parkens said...

That is so cute!!! We're banking on our little guy being a talker too since Adam and I talk so much. There is no telling what he is going to have to say!

Crystal Cooper said...

he really is the cutest!! But for the record that's only because craig and I don't have any kids... :-) hehe