Monday, April 6, 2009

Mommy's birthday

Celebrating mommy's birthday today with Jonas and Elijah:



I've been enjoying my birthday month so far. Bruce and some friends here threw me a surprise birthday party on Friday night after Bruce took me out to dinner at Friday's. I should have clued in because after dinner he said "hey, we are close to the shops that you've been wanting to go to and find a new top - you want to just go now with me and you can pick one out for your birthday?" And he patiently waited for me as I looked around the little shops. Little did I know he was stalling time before we went home so that we wouldn't arrive too early for my surprise party. But I found a really cute shirt on the sale rack, half off!


And last week Dayna took me shopping for a shirt for my birthday. We had a great day with the kids -- went to the park, shopped (where they actually behaved in their strollers and let us shop in peace!), and had lunch at McDonalds. Elijah ate his first ice cream cone and really enjoyed it (surprise surprise!).



I'm looking forward to what the rest of the day (and month....) will bring! I have this little tradition where I celebrate my birthday all month long -- well, at least the first half of the month.

Check back on Wednesday for another video. 

2 comments:

danny said...

Happy Birthday! I was hoping Mary would share your birthday, but we're running out of time fast. Sorry. Hope you enjoy the rest of your birth month.

And what's it gonna take to get Bruce on a video? Or do we have to wait for his role in the upcoming blockbuster hit?

Shoba said...

"Happy Birthday, Camera!" That is so cute (and funny, too)! We miss you guys! It's great to at least "see" you through the blog.