Monday, August 31, 2009

Belly crawl

It feels different when the second child starts crawling compared to the first. I'm not ready. Everything is happening too quickly this time around. Maybe it's because you can just see that drive and determination in Jonas' eyes as he scoots around. You know that nothing, no nothing, is coming between him and the prize. Jonas is extremely motivated to crawl, especially to electrical cords, dirty shoes or food. But I've just gotten so used to Elijah just knowing and obeying what he can and cannot touch. It's starting all over again. I'm not ready!

Jonas has been crawling now for 3 weeks, but he still doesn't lift his belly up off the ground. We keep saying we need to just attach a dust mop to his shirt and let him clean the floors. He crawls around room to room following Elijah or one of us, and by the end his shirt is in need of a good washing! Can we just skip the crawling and go right to walking already?

Here's a video of Jonas crawling after Elijah as he leaves the kitchen and heads to his room. Jonas wants to be anywhere Elijah is or where Mom is, depending on who is doing something more fun.

By the way, anyone have any ideas for us...Jonas has sore, rough, dry, red patches on his knees, I am assuming from crawling around on the tile and rugs. Some cream or something (that I would be able to buy overseas) or a homemade invention to prevent it during the crawling stages? All ideas welcome and appreciated!

2 comments:

Crystal Brown-Hinkel said...

You could cut the top off of some tube sicks and put those on his legs kind of like knee pads or you can put him in comfortable pants, you know "easy to move around pants". I hope this helps. You boys are getting ssssooo big and they are ssssooooo cute.

Much love

Crystal Brown-Hinkel said...

sorry sick is supposed to be socks. LOL