Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm so ashamed...

{This is me hanging my head, ashamed, that it's been so long since I've posted. I really don't have a good excuse except that life has been busy lately. A good busy, but not too busy to post. It doesn't seem like my presence in the blogworld has been too missed, but I'll carry on.}

Jonas just turned 11 months and has been crawling all over the place, stands without holding onto anything and a few days ago even took a couple of steps alone. He can walk just holding onto someone with one hand. And he is HUGE. A lot of mornings when I get him from the crib I know that he grew an inch overnight! Jonas had a check-up last month when he was 10 months old and he was the exact same measurements (in height, weight and head circumference) as Elijah was at 13 months. Jonas' head circumference is off the 'normal' charts, but the doctor didn't seem concerned...he's just a brainy baby!

Speaking of big heads, I think Jonas has had a hard time holding his up because 3 separate times over the last couple weeks he's crashed his chin into the tile floor from a mis-step in crawling and bled all over the place. He's starting to look like a linebacker with this band-aid chin strap.



Jonas still loves to eat and has been exploring the the self-feeding realm and now it's all he wants. Out with the pureed, in with finger foods he says!


In other news, Elijah is independent as ever and learning so quickly. He has learned all his letters thanks to this fun activity we've been doing every day (blog post coming about that, I think). He is more interested in singing songs lately and it's funny to hear his toddler version of the words to some of the songs we sing together. He is picking up some french words at school and is definitely understanding a lot! Yesterday Elijah came home from school and showed us the letter 'I' in a book and said, "this is the letter I but my teacher always calls it the letter E because she doesn't know it's the letter I but I think we should tell her it's just called letter I." Poor kid - it's confusing learning French and English letters at the same time. How do you explain to a 2 1/2 year old that it's a letter I in English but in French I is actually called E? And G is J and J is G. Or something like that.

This made me laugh...last week Elijah got himself all ready for school. He pottied, put on his big boy pants, shirt and shorts all by himself. I guess we need to teach him about the unwritten no stripes with plaid rule (and the no shorts in cold weather rule too). But I was proud he got himself all ready. He already does his breakfast all by himself, so I guess the next step is getting him an alarm clock and he can get himself up and ready and just wake me when he's ready to walk to school. Think it can happen by his 3rd birthday? :)



I've still got to update you on our Halloween and some other happ'nins in our house. Shwiya b'shwiya, as they say (little by little).


Later!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I think Jonas' expression in the crib makes him look exactly like Bruce (minus the food on the face... except for that time we made marinated steak tips... mmmmm)

Unknown said...

You and Bruce make really cute kids. They get the strange part from Bruce. And we have all missed the blog.

danny said...

I wouldn't worry about Jonas' head size. My head was humongous, and I turned out just fine. So, basically, he'll be just like me. =)

Neave said...

Yay! Good to get an update- I defo missed your posts! Keep 'em coming, s'il vous plait. (SO cute about the I and the E...)